This is a brief introduction (approximately 1-2 minutes) to assist the audition panel to get to know the applicant.
Please refer to the following questions as ideas but not restricted to:-
- Tell us a little about yourself
- What previous training/experience have you had in your artform?
- What it is that you love about your artform?
- What would you like to achieve by coming to Newtown High School of the Performing Arts?
Video Performance Requirements
Perform a 2 minute scripted monologue which may consist of pieces from:-
✓ Collection of monologues
✓ Adapted from other sources (e.g. poetry, storytelling novels etc.) in any performance style
The monologue should be a fully realised performance and applicants must not be prompted with lines or reference scripts.
Costumes are not expected, however, if necessary, small props are allowed
- Applicants to identify themselves at beginning of their video
- Performance should be a monologue (only the applicant speaking), not a scene with any additional characters (either present or off screen) with additional dialogue.
- Ensure audio quality of the video is clear and that the camera is stationary. (no zooming in and out)
- Record the audition in a room with neutral acoustics (not a large hall or outside)
- Applicants should be dressed in appropriate attire (please see below)
- Video should capture the applicants’ full body, (please not in close up or in the far distance) as applicants’ physicality is a key factor in the audition.
Remember to review the video before uploading to the Application Form and ensure that it is appropriate for audition.
Applicants will be assessed on:-
- Physical and vocal performance skills
- Appropriate use of space
- Ability to create an appropriate role/character
- Control of pace, rhythm, and dynamics of the text
- Ability to create a theatrical narrative that has a sense of clarity and purpose
Applicants should wear comfortable clothing. Footwear should be track shoes or bare feet.